The PCMark for Android application version number applies to the software as a whole. It changes often as we add new features and make updates to ensure compatibility with the latest hardware. We recommend using the latest version of the app.
A benchmark version number—for example, Work 3.0—is specific to a test. Benchmark version numbers change rarely and only when absolutely necessary.
You can check the current application and benchmark version numbers from the Settings screen.
PCMark for Android 3.0.4061 — June 23, 2021
- Fixed a bug that caused the Best Devices screen to freeze while updating.
PCMark for Android 3.0.4058 — May 21, 2021
- Fixed an issue with device identification.
PCMark for Android 3.0.4054 — May 11, 2021
This is a major update that adds support for 64-bit architectures. 64-bit processors deliver faster, richer experiences and other performance improvements. As a result, benchmark scores from this version are not comparable with results from older versions of this app.
- New Work 3.0 benchmark with 64-bit support replaces the Work 2.0 test.
- New Storage 2.0 benchmark with 64-bit support replaces the Storage test.
- Updated app permissions in line with the latest guidelines.
- Updated the support link on the Settings screen.
- The app now uses an adaptive icon.
- Now available as a 64-bit app.
- Updated CPUID library for improved compatibility with the latest devices.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the app to hang with a white screen on the result screen.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the Storage benchmark to fail on high-end devices.
End of support
- With this release, the Work 2.0, Work 1.0, Storage (1.0) and Computer Vision benchmarks are no longer supported and have been removed from the app.
PCMark for Android 2.0.3716 — September 7, 2017
- Fixed an Android 8.0 compatibility issue in the Data Manipulation test. Benchmark scores are not affected.
PCMark for Android 2.0.3715 — June 27, 2017
- Fixed an issue that could cause a crash when processing updates to the Best Devices list.
- Fixed a compatibility issue that caused a hang in the Video Editing test on the Sony Xperia XA1.
PCMark for Android 2.0.3710 — January 30, 2017
- Fixed an issue that could cause the app to hang before showing the results on very fast devices.
PCMark for Android v2.0.3706 — November 2, 2016
- Fixed a rare issue that could cause the Photo Editing test in the Work 2.0 and Work benchmarks to crash.
PCMark for Android v2.0.3705 — October 13, 2016
- Benchmark your Android device with the new Work 2.0 benchmark, an improved version of the existing Work benchmark that updates the Web Browsing, Writing and Photo Editing tests and adds new Video Editing and Data Manipulation tests.
- Use the new Computer Vision benchmark to measure the performance of your device for a range of image recognition tasks.
- You can now filter the scores in the Best Devices list by major Android OS version number to see how performance is affected by software updates.
PCMark for Android v1.4.3539 — May 23, 2016
- Test the storage performance of your Android device with the new Storage Test.
- Restored the language option on the Settings screen. Choose from English, Chinese, and Russian.
- App now requires Android 5.0 or higher.
PCMark for Android v1.3.3083 — April 8, 2015
- Fixed a bug in the Photo Editing test that could lead to a crash in extreme cases of low memory.
- New notification icon for an improved appearance on Android 5.0 devices.
PCMark for Android v1.2.1781 — October 28, 2014
- See performance and battery life together in the Best Devices list.
- Fixed an issue causing blank result screens on some devices.
- Fixed a bug that could show Simplified Chinese text on devices set to Traditional Chinese.
PCMark for Android v1.2.1773 — October 27, 2014
- Localized for Simplified Chinese.
Professional Edition only
- Added support for benchmark automation using adb (Android Debug Bridge) for Professional Edition license key holders.
PCMark for Android v1.1.1676 — October 2, 2014
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Work Writing test to fail on some devices.
PCMark for Android v1.0.1646 — September 25, 2014
- Launch version.
Released on Google Play (Beta only) and as an APK for Benchmark Development Program partners and selected press publications.