Testdriver supports running benchmarks on multiple installations of Windows on the same computer. For this to work correctly, please ensure that:
- Each Windows installation has the Testdriver Client installed,
- Each Testdriver Client installation is configured with the same endpoint ID and server settings (more on this below),
- Each Windows installation is configured to log in automatically as a user that starts the Testdriver Client on login.
The endpoint ID is specified in %ProgramData%\TestdriverClient\client.conf.
The Testdriver Server host/port is specified in %ProgramData%\TestdriverClient\dash_root.txt.
Instead of editing these manually, you can use the testdriver_client_quiet_install_with_existing_config.bat script included in the Tetsdriver release package. The script must be run with administrator privileges. It takes the drive letter from which to copy the configuration as a parameter.
Suppose drive D: contains another Windows installation on which the Testdriver Client is already set up. The Testdriver Client can then be installed on the current system, with the same configuration, as follows:
- Open the Windows Command Prompt with Administrator privileges
- Run testdriver_client_quiet_install_with_existing_config.bat D
Please see the guide to the Run control screen to learn how to run benchmarks on systems with multiple operating systems.